Wednesday, November 14, 2007

what was your "favorite thing" today?


http://www.amazon.com/Favorite-Things-Kimberly-Bradley/dp/B000KHXBTK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195095324&sr=8-3

mm has a book called favorite things...it is one of my favorite children's book. the story is great and the illustrations are so vivid and imaginative...just like a child (or maybe their creative mommy) would dream up. the mommy asked the son what his favorite thing was that day... he dreams up all these crazy things that he did like a elephant driving garbage trucks in the race to school or giant squirrels named Rex that draw pictures of race cars...anyway, at the end of the book the little boy hugs his mommy and says that this (her asking what his favorite things were) was his favorite thing...it is so sweet.

anyway, i have thought about this a lot. wouldn't it be great if at the end of every day we ask ourselves what our favorite thing was during that day... i think that it's so easy to think of all the little things that don't go quite right in our day... so here goes....

my favorite thing today was going to mighty joes for dinner with friends & enjoying the walk home afterward (it would have only been better if john could have joined us...only 2 more weeks!)

now it is your turn...what was your favorite thing today?...leave a comment letting us know (you know how nosy i am!)...we might be surprised and remember that there are good things that happen everyday even though we might only think about the bad things.

3 comments:

jlindsey said...

I'll go first...great blog btw! My favorite thing was the beautiful fall colors that were so vivid today. I love the light this time of year, it makes everything so crisp and warm. I enjoyed being outside with my kids today & appreciating the warm autumn days that we get here in GA!

Kerri said...

I love this game! Sometimes, we call it 'Hi/Lo' for the day. Anyway, 1 have 2 favorites today. Wait - 3. (1) Coleman and I took some time out of our busy day to actually talk 'grown up', (2) my little girl's giggle when she saw a tiger, and (3) my favorite sugar maple on Country Club turned yellow yesterday. It is the best thing about fall colors to me. (I will have to post a photo on the blog tomorrow!)

Sinead said...

My favorites today...Katie was giving lots of kisses. She would walk/stagger over to me (yep, she's doing pretty good with walking!), give me a kiss, and walk/stagger back to play with Maggie. Repeat about a bazillion times! The other one was Maggie...she and Chris were playing "Sleepover Puppetshow" before bed. Basically she brings out half the stuff from her room (blankets, pillows, dolls, etc.), makes him lie down and then be the voice for Teddy Brownie. Some pretty cute stuff!