Tuesday, January 1, 2008

happy 2008!

happy new year to everyone!

does everyone have their new year's resolutions ready...my list keeps growing. obviously, i have a lot of things that i need to improve on. here is the start of it.

1. train for and complete a half marathon (i kinda borrowed this from my brother after watching him run his second marathon this year... i knew that 26.2 miles was out of the question for me...i am not sure why i think that 13 miles will be much better, but it is a goal right!

2. cook more- this is more because we waste SO much money eating out!

3. be more patient with my kids- having a one yr old and a two yr old tests your patience a lot! i need to remind myself that this time is so precious and in no time at all they are going to be 15 and 16, and i am going to want them to be toddlers again!

4. appreciate john more- much of this has to do with #3. we (john and i) forget sometimes how lucky we are to have each other... not all marriages are as good as ours.

5. become more organized- okay, everyone can stop laughing now!

6. waste less- i work for interface which is a leader in sustainability. it is really inspiring that i work for a company that has a higher goal that just making profits. we are striving for mission zero: our promise to eliminate any negative impact our company may have on the environment by the year 2020 (read more about our progress and vision here http://www.interfacesustainability.com/ and http://www.interfaceflor.com/default.aspx?Section=1) it makes me realize how much we waste stuff at home.

i think that is it for now, but i am sure that i will think of more!

1 comment:

Sinead said...

Good for you! I'm training for a 5K right now. Chris and I are walking/running in the 5K at Nashville Zoo at the end of January, and I'm planning to run in a 5K in June (in Maine!) with some of my online friends from my Biggest Loser group. I'm nervous cause, as you know, running is SO not my thing, but I figure that if Dermot can run a marathon or two, I can at least run 5K! hehehe Good luck on your training!