Sunday, January 13, 2008

week one (officially) of resolutions

resolution #2-cook more

this week didn't go so hot in the cooking category!

you see...by the time i leave work, pick the kids up, and get home it is at least 6 o'clock...the kids are starving by then, so while i was trying to cook dinner, i gave the kids a snack...obviously, this is what grady thought of the snack...uh oh cereal-o! by the way, captain crunch makes a lovely noise when being stepped on by a 1 year old's crocs...

resolution # 3- be more patient with my kids

this went really well this week! i am just trying to get them busy and entertained. yesterday morning i took the dogs (2) and the kids (2) for a walk...i really thought that this was a bad idea, but it turned out really fun!

i had to hold chance back so mm could throw the ball to molly. molly is getting old and not moving so great... as you can see from the picture, mm was having a ball!

resolution # 1- train and complete a half marathon

clearly my worst idea yet! can i blame my poor math skills on thinking that i could run half of a marathon...fractions always gave me trouble. i think that 13.1 miles may have been a lofty goal...i ran for the first time in a long time tonight...it was not pretty...see below for the proof.


yikes! that is bad. i do have these prettys to help me though...do you think these make me look fast?


I also am adding resolution # 7-get back to updating this blog more often.

4 comments:

Sinead said...

You crack me up! How about training to run a 5K with me? :) I'm trying to teach myself to run. I've been trying to do intervals (run 2 min, walk 2 min, etc.) and I'm going to slowly build up my time.

love the other pics and stories, too...I don't know how you get all the stuff done that you do, even if some of that "stuff" is cleaning Capt'n Crunch up off the floor!

Got your New Year's card...it's great!

Pelham said...

Amen sister! I have missed you! You are SUPER MOM! I am going to nominate you for that award.

jlindsey said...

Loved this blog!

Kerri said...

At least you have resolutions! I haven't even taken the time to do them. I need to update regularly instead of back-logging!