Saturday, January 26, 2008

my sweet molly..


many of you know that before kids, my love and attention was directed to the best dog in the world...my sweet molly. john gave molly to me as a college graduation gift. i knew that she was the puppy that i wanted, because when we went to pick her out, all the other puppies were gathered around us looking for attention, but molly had her head in my purse...i knew that that was my dog.

molly has been there through 8 years, 4 moves, probably a 100 7 hr car rides, marriage, another puppy, a baby, and another baby with us. Sadly over the past two years, the dogs have had to take a back seat to the two kids...we don't play with them as much, they don't get walked as often, don't get as many dog bones, and have moved outside.

today when i came home, molly was laying in the yard non responsive and having seizures . i called john and the vet. we got her to the vet who has been running all kinds of tests, x-rays, and ultrasounds. the vets aren't sure what this is, but it is bad...they don't expect her to make it. they only theory is that it may either be some sort of toxin or cancer.

anyway, sorry to be bummer, but i just wanted you to know about my sweet molly...she was my first baby and i hate to see her like this.

the kids have been scared of the dogs because they are so big and tend to get too excited when we go outside to play...this was a couple of weeks ago where mm finally played with the dogs.


this is our engagement picture (poor quality due to a picture of the picture)..see i told you, she was my first baby.


this is when she was about 9 weeks. old...i loved those big lips and gigantic paws!


3 comments:

Margaret C. Sanders said...

Dogs are definitely a big part of our families. I imagine Chance is wondering where his buddy is!

Sinead said...

I'm so sad. I will definitely miss poor sweet Molly. She was the best dog ever. :( hugs to you guys.

Kerri said...

Fiona - I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Molly. We understand those puppy 'babies' too.