Sunday, January 27, 2008

molly

i just wanted you to know that we lost molly this morning. the vet called and said that she made it through the night, but she was in bad shape. they tried to work on her for a about an hour, but she couldn't fight anymore. her body was shutting down. he thinks that it has to have been botulism since it was so fast.

we are obviously heartbroken over the loss of our faithful friend and guilt-ridden since we didn't make the time to spend more time with the dogs since the kids were born.

we struggle with what to tell mm. she knows that molly is at the doctor, but doesn't understand why. poor chance is very lonely and is whining and crying. i think that he knows that his friend in not coming back.

we just have to remember her from the pictures below. the one of her with her head out of the window is my favorite. it was here favorite thing to do. maybe heaven is full of cars with open windows.

5 comments:

jlindsey said...

Fiona, we are so sorry about Molly! I know you are sad, wish there was something we could do! Hugs from the Lingenfelters!

Sinead said...

I'm so sad and I'm thinking about you lots. love you.

The Keating's said...

Fiona,
I am so sorry to hear about Molly...I am sure she is at peace in Puppy Heaven...Sarah

Dermot said...

To Fiona and John
I know that losing Molly is like losing a person. It makes me really sad and I know how much you love her and miss her. She was a great dog.
Love,
Aimee

Margaret said...

Hi Fiona John MM and Grady

Spoke to your mum today who told me the sad news Molly was such fun and great company for you on the long journeys to NC
Sending you lots of love

Margaret and all
xx